My blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.diannaeanderson.net
and update your bookmarks.

24.11.10

New Projects and Other Stuff

I have a lot of new and exciting stuff going on, so I apologize for the lack of posts, and I apologize for the lack of cohesion in this one. This post is a sort of catch-all of things going on.

1. I have a new writing gig (thus my most recent absence from this blog). I am working with my friend Travis and his friend Justin on a theology and church culture online magazine, The BlackBird Press. I find the discussion that goes on in those comments to be stimulating, insightful, and interesting. The conversations that spring up are not ones that are easy to walk away from, and frequently challenge me, which is something every one needs once in a while. I have most recently written an article on John and Stasi Eldredge's Captivating, the female companion to John's quite famous Wild At Heart. It's an exegetical and gender-biased nightmare, and I am incredibly excited to have had the opportunity to write this article on it. Would you look at that: HERE IT IS.

2. I'm going home in a month! I will be flying into Sioux Falls at 10:20PM on December 20th, after 15 hours of traveling from Tokyo (not to mention the five hours it's going to take me to get up there by shinkansen [bullet train]). I am STOKED to see Sioux Falls again, and stoked to meet my niece for the first time! If you live in Sioux Falls, and want to get some coffee while I'm in town (from the 21st to the 2nd of January), shoot me an email or leave me a comment.

3. I have a lot of disordered thoughts about the TSA, the Korean conflict, the NZ mine explosion, DADT, Afghanistan policy...etc. Needless to say, a lot of different things concerning world politics have been pinging around in my head of late, but my mind hasn't settled on one singular thing to talk about, so, I apologize for lack of commentary on specifics. The TSA has, of course, been on the minds of most Americans, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping to have some sort of TSA story after my international traveling next month. But that's neither here nor there.

4. I've been reading a lot. Besides Captivating, I have a book on Arminian theology by Roger E. Olson (of Truett Seminary fame) headed my way, and I'm stoked about it. I'm also picking up All the Pretty Horses by Cormac McCarthy again, and hoping I can get past the first few pages this time.

5. Harry Potter VII Part 1 is out. I went to see it Friday night with a friend, and loved it. It was very faithful to the book, but still made me jump out of my skin at points, which is always a good thing. Very well done, and I'm glad I got to see it opening day (in fact, mine was just starting as midnight showings in America were finishing. How's that for cool?) Sioux Falls friends, I am definitely up for another viewing!

6. I have an absolutely adorable niece, and she has really awesome parents. I'll close today's post with a picture of my dear Vera and her tuckered out daddy. And no, not that Vera (fast forward to :41).

I hope this finds you well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The owner of this blog tolerates no form of hate speech, including racial slurs, citing stereotypes as fact, or anything else deemed intolerant or hateful by the blog author. While you may have a right to say it, it does nothing to advance productive discussion, and therefore any comment containing such speech will be deleted accordingly.